Physicians Choice Private Duty is proud to announce we’ll be hosting our very first Twitter chat today at 3 p.m. EST. We’ve named it Senior Care Chat using the hashtag #srcarechat.Â Whether you’re a caregiving family member or professional, weÂ invite you to join in on today’s conversation, which will focus on the best ways to offer care for those suffering from Alzheimer’s.
Here are today’s questions:
1. As a caregiver, what are the most important steps to take when dealing with a progressive disease like Alzheimer’s?
2. What sort of living environment best suits someone with Alzheimer’s?
3. When should family consider moving a loved one with Alzheimer’s into a nursing facility?
4.Â What setbacks should be anticipated when moving a loved one to a hospital or nursing home?
5.Â What are some ways to make sure someone with Alzheimer’s takes their medication as prescribed?
6. How do you explain to a young person that a loved one is suffering from Alzheimer’s?
7. What are some ways to prevent caregiver burnout?
8. What resources are available for families with loved ones with dementia or Alzheimer’s?
Feedback is always welcome, please let us know what you think in the comments orÂ on Twitter.
On a side note, we’ve found that Twitter chats are a great place for caregivers and healthcare professionals from across the world to gather and discuss the issues currently facing the world of elderly care. With so many people sharing their insights and personal experiences, Twitter chats can be a great resource to draw from, helping us all to make the services we provide better and better.
Physicians Choice Private DutyÂ currently serving Omaha, Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa provides seniors and their families a complete understanding of the available care options and helps families maneuver through the challenges of the system.Â All Encompass services are directed by registered nurses or social workers with no long-term contracts.Â Contact us today for help withÂ your senior care needs.
“Physicians Choice Private Duty solves the problems families face in finding home health care providers they can trust. Providers who will focus on strategies that keep parents in their homes. To learn more about our health care services, visit http://www.encompass-home-health-care.com.”